LightWave is a software package used for rendering 3D images, both animated and static. It includes a fast rendering engine that supports such advanced features as realistic reflection, radiosity, caustics, and 999 render nodes. The 3D modeling component supports both polygon modeling and subdivision surfaces. The animation component has features such as inverse and forward kinematics for character animation, particle systems and dynamics. Programmers can expand LightWave's capabilities using an included SDK which offers Python, LScript (a proprietary scripting language) scripting and C language interfaces.
The computers listed below are best for KeyShot because they all meet or exceed these system requirements…
- Operating System: 64 bit and 32 bit Windows Vista through Windows 8.1, Snow Leopard 10.6 or better
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon II or better
- RAM: 4GB minimum or 64 bit, 2GB minimum for 32 bit
- Graphics Card: Minimum nVidia GeForce 8400 series or ATI X1600
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels minimum