Workstations optimized for MatLab — create mathematical models, develop algorithms, and analyze data with ease.
MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages. Although MATLAB is intended primarily for numerical computing, an optional toolbox uses the MuPAD symbolic engine, allowing access to symbolic computing abilities. An additional package, Simulink, adds graphical multi-domain simulation and model-based design for dynamic and embedded systems. As of 2018, MATLAB has more than 3 million users worldwide. MATLAB users come from various backgrounds of engineering, science, and economics.
The computers listed below are best for MATLAB because they all meet or exceed these system requirements…
- Operating System: Windows 7 - Windows 10
- RAM: 4GB minimum, 8GB recommended
- Processor: Any Intel or AMD x86-64 minimum, any intel or AMD x86-64 with four logical cores and AVX2 instruction set support recommended
- Disk Space: 3.1GB of HDD space for MATLAB only, 5-8 GB for typical installation
- Graphics Card: No specific card is required