Workstations optimized for Modo. Model, texture, and render faster, wait less.
Modo is a polygon and subdivision surface modeling, sculpting, 3D painting, animation and rendering package developed by Luxology, LLC, which is now merged with and known as Foundry. The program incorporates features such as n-gons and edge weighting, and runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux and macOS platforms. Modo's workflow differs substantially from many other mainstream 3D applications. While Maya and 3ds Max stress using the right tool for the job, Modo artists typically use a much smaller number of basic tools and combine them to create new tools using the Tool Pipe and customizable action centeres and falloffs.
The computers listed below are best for Modo because they all meet or exceed these system requirements…
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.13 - 10.15, Windows 7 - Windows 10 64 bit only, Linux RHEL/CentOS 7+ 64 bit only
- Processor: 2.5+ Ghz quad-core
- Storage: 250+ GB disk space available for caching and temporary files, SSD preferable
- RAM: 16GB with additional virtual memory
- Display: 1920x1080 pixels
- Graphics Card: At least 2+ GB of video memory/driver support for OpenGL 4.4 or higher